good life background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thursday, and as I sit here and type listening to the rain dripping off my front porch, I choose to be Thankful. 

 This is the day that the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

I am thankful, for a quiet morning at home, alone. Time to gather my thoughts, listen to worship music, and just soak in his presence. I don't have a lot of time to do that, and when I get it, I treasure it. Sure the house needs to be swept, things put away, and laundry needs to be done, but my heart needs a sweeping of the Holy Spirit, my mind needs to have things, aka cares, put away into the masters hands, the one who does the caring for me. My spirit needs a gentle cleansing from the one who loves me more than I will ever know and He craves time with me. How wonderful is that... the Creator of the universe, craves time with me?  His love is overwhelming me as I write. I am so thankful that my savior desires an intimate relationship with me, and the more I seek Him, the more I want to seek Him. It is like when you meet a new friend, and you spend countless hours talking and getting to know each other, and you can't wait to talk to them again. That is how Jesus loves us, He already knows us, but He wants us to know Him like that. What an incredible friend!

This morning Matt and I were determined to pray, to earnestly pray together... and oh how the devil didn't want that to happen. Abbie and Brady both ended up in bed with us, but we made it happen. It was an amazing time of prayer and seeking the Lord for His will for us. There is an intimacy that develops between a husband and a wife when we pray together, especially when we pray together in the spirit. We are already one, but when you pray together and you each bring your supply and your spirits hook up! WOW! Things happen in the spirit, you come into agreement, and you shake the heavens and all of hell trembles. We had to set some things straight, and let the devil know that we are victorious and we are the head, always above, and never beneath. I am pretty sure he got the point!  So for that time of prayer, I am thankful. I have so many things to be thankful for that I take for granted every day, we all do. I hope you take time today to be cautious of the negativity that comes out of your mouth, God hears it and it grieves him.
His word says in Philippians 4: 4-7: Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 


So today, choose to be thankful and seek the Lord, His mercies are new every day. I pray for a fresh revelation, a rhema word from God for you today, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment