good life background

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Choices...

Some of you may know that I am a Realtor, and the real estate market... well stinks, to put it nicely. I have been praying for direction, both for my business and for our family. I have been praying specifically for wisdom, I want to make wise choices, not what I want but what God wants for us. I know He wants the best for us, 
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I want God's plans for me, I want to prosper in every area of my life, I want to go from just enough to overflowing. I have been hearing the still small voice of the Lord, gently guiding, nudging, cracking doors, and giving me glimpses of that future that I hope for. The Lord is a gentleman, He isn't going to make me take the path the has wants me to take, He will let me take my own path; good, bad, or indifferent. I am His creation, but He gave me free will, so I get to choose. But in Isaiah 55, He also says...

““For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

So do I choose to follow my own plans, expecting God to change His plans? OR do I submit my will to the master and allow him to give me every good thing that He has planned along the way to accomplishing His will for me? It seems so clear when it is in black and white, there are no questions, but in the day to day, hustle of life, it is so easy to get distracted and lose focus of what we are really here for.

The economy is uncertain, gas prices rising higher daily, jobs being lost left and right, BUT are we in fear? The answer is a resounding NO! We are part of the Kingdom Economy, where the King owns the cattle on a thousand hills, where there is land flowing with milk and honey, where manna is given daily, where shoes never wear out, where every need is met. We are joint heirs with Christ. Have you ever heard of a poor heir? No! Heirs are protected, provided for, and live a life that is peacable, But you have to know that you are an heir, and what it means for you to be heir.  I believe the Lord is speaking clearly to us, giving us direction on how to be hugely successful in a depressed economy. I believe it is time for the latter rain, where the finances of the wicked will be overturned to the righteous, and the church will have control. I encourage you to seek the Lord on where your place is, and go after it with all of your might. But, be prepared to fight the good fight of faith, and stand for what you believe in... just because the enemy walks around roaring AS a roaring lion, doesn't mean he is. He was defeated, so despite his roar, he is a toothless kitten with no power or authority, as long as you don't give it to him!

1 comment: